Friday 20 January 2012

Across the Universe

I first Heard Rufus Wainwright at a taping of a TV show in Los Angeles with my good friend Ron Samsom. I don't exactly recall how we ended up in front of Mann's Chinese theatre, but there we were receiving instructions and free tickets to a late night TV show taping. Thinking back it kind of seems strange that we actually went to the taping as we only had 10 hours in LA. Later that night were heading to Tahiti and then eventually on to New Zealand. At any rate the guests were Tim Robbins and Rufus Wainwright. I was not impressed. A few weeks ago I heard Rufus again and I thought, "who is this guy that sounds like George Harrison?" and sure enough he covers a classic Beatle hit, across the Universe. I can definitely say I really enjoy this Beatles cover, I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment