Saturday 6 August 2011

Day 3 Brian Blade and the fellowship band Season of Changes

For some reason while listening to this I had a nagging desire to wash dishes ?!? Ok, this album is good, it is pleasant but it doesn't hit me the way I know it does for many, many people. That said I absolutely LOVE Brian Blades playing. I bought this album through amazon, the hype announced it as "the new Coltrane quartet" (or the Coltrane quartet for our generation... or something along those lines) so I might have been skeptical upon first listening, but I have just finished listening to it and I still don't "Love" it. Sure, there is some great playing but I just can't quite put my finger on why it leaves me a bit cold. Ultimately its a good CD but it is not on heavy rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment