Friday 5 August 2011

Day 2 Rick Margitza Memento

Today's album is from Rick Margitza. I have been a fan since he first came on the scene and recently I borrowed this album from my good friend Carsten Rubeling (to be honest I borrowed this a year ago..oops)

I have no idea what the album cover means but the music is fantastic. I was actually surprised that I had not heard this 2001 release before. the band plays great, the tunes are interesting and Rick is playing very clean interesting solos with that fantastic sound of his. A number of tracks are blues based so its interesting to hear him play familiar progressions. I have listened to this many times and even transcribed some of the iconic Margitza language. Its a really great listen!!


1 comment:

  1. Grabbed this on itunes a while back. One of the best finds I've had in a long time

    ReplyDelete