Monday 28 October 2013

Wayne Gretzky/Peter Bernstein

Last week was great!!

I'd have to say meeting Wayne Gretzky was definitely a highlight. Once a month I play in a duo at the Paliser hotel: Wednesday nights in the lounge. We play standards and generally try to be as quiet as possible. Last wednesday on the first set break Wayne Gretzky walks in. Having grown up Canadian and originally from Edmonton I spotted him right away- as he walked by I said "excuse me" we shook hands and he was on his way.......

I'm not sure how we played but it was a great gig! oh yah, Nelly Furtado's band and the cast of degrassi jr. high were there as well as a band called Down with Webster....but it was all about Wayne!

This week I am preparing for a gig with the incredible guitarist/musician Peter Bernstein!! This is one of those once in a lifetime opportunities, I'm really looking forward to it!! It features a group that I have been working with for a few years with Rubim de Toledo Bass and Jon McCaslin drums, The INVERTIGO TRIO


No comments:

Post a Comment