Monday 8 August 2011

Day 5: The Bad Plus Prog

Once again I was late to the party-It seemed for a while there the Bad Plus was all anyone was talking about. I bought Prog through amazon (or maybe emusic).


The record opens up with a beautifully recorded version of the Tears for Fears hit "Everybody wants to rule the World" very well played with fantastic interaction between this trio (Bass, Drums, Piano. look, no saxophone!) I have to say I am drawn to the cover tunes as I really like the re-imagining of tunes I grew up with. Check out "Tom Sawyer" and "This guys in love with you". I can't be certain but it seems each track takes a slightly different approach to recording and/or the instruments seem to be changing through the tracks. Very interesting. and a very cool record.


No comments:

Post a Comment